Friday, May 19, 2017

Character-Driven Week

It's been a fabulously fun, artistically fulfilling week!

On Monday, I revisited my character, Pat the Park Ranger, from Sasquatched the Musical.


The creators of the show, Phil Darg and Julie Ana Rayne (below left and right), wanted to capture my work since I originated the character, so we grooved on over to PPI Recording to lay down some tracks with Chip (behind me).


I had done a live version at 54 Below, so it was delicious to go in the studio to make a professional recording of this passionate song:



On Tuesday, I was contacted to tape an audition for the new web series, Human Telegraphs. I went in for them a few weeks ago and they called me back for a different character. All I can say is, these characters are off the chain! So much FUN!

Wednesday, I was working on scripts.

On Thursday, I went into rehearsals for The Pound, also by Darg and Rayne, performing May 29th at the Signature Theatre. I'm delighted because this reteams me with Chad Anthony Miller, who was one of our producers and marketing gurus for Steel Magnolias at Stomping Ground Theatre Company NYC.


On Friday I got to audition for a new musical about a Broadway producer who's obsessed with the young woman she made a star. The character reminded me a little of Madeline Lich from Trending, a powerful woman who could lose everything.


It was great to sing an old standard and then get meaty with the script.

So I went from being a Park Ranger to a sleazy real estate agent to an upscale lady looking for a dog, and then a Broadway producer. What a great week!


I love my job. #BeingAnActor

No comments: