Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Dick Cavett's Watergate

Last night I caught "Dick Cavett's Watergate" on PBS, and it was fascinating!


I knew Cavett from my research on Janis Joplin. They had lovely interviews together - very charming and funny! - which I used as reference when I played her in Hell's Belles the Musical.


I also got to meet Dick Cavett when I sang for The Abingdon Theatre Company's annual gala a few years ago. He hosted the gala, which was in honor of actress Frances Sternhagen, and the two were very cute, clowning around:


Being in that same room with him, Frances, Cherry Jones, Nancy Opel... and getting to sing the opening song, "Swingin On a Star" as a solo... well, it was a magical night!


So coming back to last night, watching Dick Cavett dig into the Watergate scandal, it felt so important to understand this piece of history, especially as we navigate these tumultuous times.

Be tenacious in your quest for the truth.

No comments: