Thursday, August 08, 2013

Next Up!

While doing a show, its very common to hear people ask, What are you working on next? 

In the midst of Sasquatched, I received the script for an international 
recording of Jerome Kern's "Roberta." I play Sophie Teale, a devilish debutante 
(my friend, Larry Moore calls her a debutramp!) who abuses the sweet but naive 
leading man. Larry said he needed someone who could give a bitch a sense of 
dimension, so he came to me! ;) 
The recording is being done like a radio play, so while I don't get to sing some 
of the famous songs in the show like "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes," I have some 
wonderfully wicked scenes! It's a blast to work on this script!

I also start rehearsals next week for, "Come and Get It," a musical revue about 
food at the Abingdon Theatre Off Broadway.
I get to sing a jazzy take "On the Good Ship Lollipop," and a purrfectly delightful 
number about a cat's view of suppertime. ;)
 
In September, I'll be doing another concert reading of Hell's Belles, playing my 
favorite icons, Janis Joplin and Judy Garland.
And I'm starting rehearsals for "Petunia's Coffee House," an outrageous 
musical event with my friend Wayne Henry that's a wee nod to Pee Wee's 
Playhouse. I get to play Petunia's butch ex-girlfriend.
As one of my friends said, "You get the funniest parts!"

No comments: