Friday, June 15, 2007

Fun with The Nunnies :)

This has been such an interesting month in that I've been meeting up with cast and crewmates from The Tragic and Horrible Life of the Singing Nun. It's been like a reunion of sorts, all of us catching up with each other and celebrating our strides forward. It's been delightful!

Krsitine Zbornik, who played my Mother Superior, recently won a MAC award for her amazing cabaret at the Metropolitan Room. Expect to see this talented funny lady on Broadway soon!

Tracey Gilbert, who played my love interest in Nun, shared this incredible photo with me of her, taken by Gary Matoso who has this phenomenal project called "Everyday People. Every Day." Isn't it cool? I love that I get to share this life ride with all these wonderful people who are passionate about life and making good art. It's very cool.

I also recently celebrated my Singing Nun producer, George DeMarco, who had a birthday last weekend. He is one of the sweetest people in the world, and is so passionate about the theatre. Like Company's producer Steven Baruch said in his Tony award acceptance speech last weekend, "Producers have dreams like everyone else," and I'd love to see George's dreams come true.

Andy Monroe, George's partner, not only wrote the music and lyrics for Singing Nun, but he's also working on a ton of other projects and he wrote a beautiful song for George's birthday called, "By George." It was lovely!

I feel so blessed to have met these wonderful people, to have worked on the awesome musical about Sister Smile with them, and to celebrate each other as we grow as artists and friends.

No comments: